Now in its seventh year, Scale Back Alabama is a statewide weight-loss contest that begins in January each year. The purpose of the 10-week contest is to help our state fight its challenge with obesity by encouraging Alabamians to lose weight, to exercise and to have fun while doing it. Last year’s campaign drew nearly 30,000 people in almost every county with a cumulative reported weight loss of 148,963 pounds.
There is no charge for participating in the program.
Click here to learn more about signing up as a participant.
Click here to learn more about participating as a weigh-in site/coordinator.
Important Scale Back Alabama 2013 Dates
- January 17: Statewide Contest Kickoff
- January 19-25: Participant Registration/Weigh-In Week
- March 8-18: Voting for Team Name Winner
- March 19: Winner of Team Name Contest Announced
- April 6-12: Participant Weigh-Out Week
- April 26: Scale Back Alabama 2013 Winners Announced
Questions? E-mail email@example.com.