The annual Sunset Namaste event returns to Railroad Park on Sunday, June 1st, from 4-8 p.m. Presented by My Green Birmingham and Sweet Om Alabama, this FREE event is open to the community.
This year’s event will be a celebration of the elements, Earth, Water, Fire, Air, and will include an exploration of various styles of yoga, accessible to all levels, including beginners.
Pre-yoga events will be held from 4-6 p.m., and will include the following 20-30 minute seminars and demos:
- EARTH: Eating local with Jen Barnett of Bottle & Bone and former Freshfully
- WATER: Clean water testing demo with the Alabama Riverkeepers
- FIRE: Campfire and forest fire safety with Ruffner Mountain Nature Preserve
- AIR: Essential oils 101 demo with Whole Foods Market Mountain Brook, AL
Yoga will be practiced from 6-8 p.m., and will be led by:
- Jasper Elliott Wolfe – Earth (grounding)
- Elizabeth Brooke – Water (flowing movement)
- Kewal Nam – Fire (building heat)
- Ingrid Propst and Terri Ann Heiman – Air (breath work and meditation)